Welcome back to Sailing! We can’t wait to restart sailing!
While there are no longer any legal requirements on numbers or distances, COVID -19 is still very much present. We at CVSS aim to reintroduce sailing so that sailors can once again enjoy the experience of sailing and outdoor activities on the water, while at the same time trying to keep them as safe as possible.
CVSS has put in place practices and procedures to minimise the risks involved, follows RYA guidance and regularly reviews procedures, but nothing can guarantee protection from COVID - 19. We therefore remind sailors and volunteers that they are taking part at their own risk.
To help minimise the spread of COVID - 19 CVSS have
- Carried out a full risk assessment and provided training for all volunteers
- Requested that all volunteers have had two vaccinations
- Have provided free PPE equipment for any volunteers, sailors or visitors to use if they wish. This includes face masks, gloves, hand gel, protective overalls and visors if required.
- Installed signage to remind people about social distancing and the need to regularly wash hands.
- Disinfect all boats, buoyancy aids and equipment between uses.
- Adopted procedures to aim to ensure that groups are separated and to minimise the risk of cross contamination.
- Adopted signing in procedures to ensure that contact details are available for the required period if needed.
- Request that everyone entering the base has had a negative lateral flow test within the past 24 hours.
To help minimise the spread of COVID - 19 volunteers, sailors and all visitors are asked to
- Wash your hands regularly. Hand gel is available.
- To respect social distancing and if working in close proximity to others to consider wearing PPE.
- Cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing, and avoid touching their face, nose and eyes.
Information for Sailors and Visitors
- Only come to the base if you have pre-booked a morning or afternoon session. Do not turn up without booking as you may not be allowed to sail.
- Ensure that you have a negative lateral flow test within 24 hours of your booked session. Order from https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- Please check that the sailing is on before leaving home. Sailing is cancelled if it is raining, or if too windy or gusty which would be difficult for inexperienced sailors.
- Please arrive at your designated time. If you arrive more than 5 minutes late you may not be able to sail.
- On arrival, please follow the signs to the CVSS welcome desk where you will be asked to sign in on arrival. Please use hand gel available.
- Also use the NHS Track and Trace QR code if you are able.
- Please indicate that you have had a negative lateral flow test
- A temperature check will be made upon entry.
- Do not attend if you have coronavirus symptoms, have had a positive test result or told to self-isolate or if someone in your household is infected.
- Cars must be parked in the main Aquadrome car park. Only those bringing disabled sailors may drive into the park. We ask that spectators are limited to those accompanying sailors and please NO Pets.
On the base
- Please follow the guidance provided. You will be provided with a buoyancy aid by a volunteer and taken to your allocated area. You are asked follow the instructions of your volunteers and not to mix with other groups.
- If you are unsure about anything please feel free to ask. It is important that you feel comfortable, safe and reassured before undertaking any activity.
- Social distancing is in operation throughout the site. Please observe the signage and directions of the duty warden. Please limit interactions with other groups.
- Toilets are accessible from outside the wet zone.
- Do not roam the site. Some parts of the site are marked out of bounds.
- If you are unable to adhere to these arrangements please do not attend. If you break these arrangements you may also risk being asked to leave the site.
CVSS Trustees and Volunteers have taken every reasonable precaution to minimise the risks of Coronavirus COVID-19 through careful planning, risk assessments, training and procedures but this cannot guarantee safety for sailors, visitors or volunteers. People taking part in activities do so at their own risk and neither CVSS nor its Trustees accept any responsibility whatsoever for any COVID-19 related consequences of people volunteering or participating in CVSS activities or being present at Bury Lake.