Welcome back to Sailing! We can’t wait to restart sailing!
While there are no longer any legal requirements on numbers or distances, COVID -19 is still very much present. We at CVSS aim to reintroduce sailing so that sailors can once again enjoy the experience of sailing and outdoor activities on the water, while at the same time trying to keep them as safe as possible.
CVSS has put in place practices and procedures to minimise the risks involved, follows RYA guidance and regularly reviews procedures, but nothing can guarantee protection from COVID - 19. We therefore remind sailors and volunteers that they are taking part at their own risk.
To help minimise the spread of COVID - 19 CVSS have
- Carried out a full risk assessment and provided training for all volunteers
- Requested that all volunteers have had two vaccinations
- Have provided free PPE equipment for any volunteers, sailors or visitors to use if they wish. This includes face masks, gloves, hand gel, protective overalls and visors if required.
- Installed signage to remind people about social distancing and the need to regularly wash hands.
- Disinfect all boats, buoyancy aids and equipment between uses.
- Adopted procedures to aim to ensure that groups are separated and to minimise the risk of cross contamination.
- Adopted signing in procedures to ensure that contact details are available for the required period if needed.
- Request that everyone entering the base has had a negative lateral flow test within the past 24 hours.
To help minimise the spread of COVID - 19 volunteers, sailors and all visitors are asked to
- Wash your hands regularly. Hand gel is available.
- To respect social distancing and if working in close proximity to others to consider wearing PPE.
- Cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing, and avoid touching their face, nose and eyes.